[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Calculating Column Total

Subject: Re: Calculating Column Total
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:54:54 +0100
Re:  Calculating Column Total
On 29/03/2010 05:55, Shashank Jain wrote:

Thanks David for this.

But I want to pass the value of the variable which follow certain conditions. In my previous post I made the conditions too simple (sorry about that).
Also thanks for correcting me that I was matching my template to the document node.
I am trying to run

<xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:value-of select="fns:sumMissing_template(event_template)"/>
the only child of / is the elementwith name data, so you are passing an empty sequence to your function. I think you intended to pass a sequence of event elements which would be "fns:sumMissing_template(//event)

</xsl:template>

<xsl:function name="fns:sumMissing_template">
<xsl:param name="eventTemplate " as="element()*"/>
   <xsl:variable name="Num_Docs_Missing">
using an xsl:variable with content but no as attribute makes a document node with a text node with the decimal expansion of a number.
This is ineffficient it's better to add as="xs:integer" (or xs:double, or whatever type you need)

<xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="@complete='Y'">
         *****Some Calculations**********
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        *****Some Calculations**********
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
   </xsl:variable>

<xsl:sequence select="sum(for $x in $eventTemplate return(count(($x/event) * $Num_Docs_Missing)))"/>
the value of the variable $Num_Docs_Missing is calcuated before the loop so the above is the same as
$Num_Docs_Missing *( sum(for $x in $eventTemplate return(count(($x/event))

except that if (as I think you intended) $eventTemplate was a sequence of event elements, $x/event would be empty as event elements don't have event children.
</xsl:function>

It would appear that you want the calculation done for every event, so it needs to be a function of event nodes, not a variable.

<xsl:function name="fns:f" as="xs:integer">
<xsl;param name="x" as="element()"/>
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when...
<xsl:sequence select=...
</xsl:function>

then

<xsl:temmplate match="/">
<xsl:sequence select="sum(//event/fns:f(.))"/>
</xsl:template>

David

Here is my XML again

<data>
     <event_template sp_doctypes="Research Note, Prior Stock Report, Stock Report">
         <event complete='Y'/>
         <event complete='N'/>
     </event_template>
     <event_template sp_doctypes=" Prior Stock Report, Stock Report">
         <event complete='Y'/>
         <event complete='N'/>
         <event complete='N'/>
         <event complete='Y'/>
     </event_template>
</data>

I am trying to achieve is the total of event*(Num_Docs_Missing) for all the event_template.

________________________________________________________________________ The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is: Wilkinson House, Jordan Hill Road, Oxford OX2 8DR, United Kingdom.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The service is