[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Just Heard About Symphony -- Any Feedback or Comm

Subject: Re: Just Heard About Symphony -- Any Feedback or Comments?
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:19:51 -0500
Re:  Just Heard About Symphony -- Any Feedback or  Comm
Symphony, using php and the web servers built-in parser, presents data which is held in Mysql database as xml and has a framework (if I am using the right word) for managing and applying XSLT to the XML. While the core application is deliberately simple, there is a growing batch of extensions that add more backend and some frontend functionality.

The team developing it are very active and there is a committed group of users on discussion boards. If you have XSLT skills and are building small- to medium-size Web sites it is definitely a CMS to explore.

One limitation, I think, is that while it serves up the data stored in XML wrapper, the primary textarea editors used in symphony-cms rely on Markdown and SmartyPants. Using extensions you can add a rich text editor --but that could make things worse rather better:-). If the user entered data is well-formed, you can massage it with XSLT, but that is, I think, a big if, without an XML editor to add consistent structure to the text data users are entering.

Fred

On Jan 22, 2010, at 5:04 AM, Jeff Sese wrote:

I was reading a blog about stating out on XSLT... http:// net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html-css-techniques/getting-started-with- xslt/ , pretty basic though, but what caught my attention was one of the comments below mentioning about a XSLT based CMS called Symphony http://symphony-cms.com

Anyone used this? feedbacks or comments?

Thanks,
-- Jeff

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.