[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Definite list of XSLT 2.0 processors?

Subject: Re: Definite list of XSLT 2.0 processors?
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 22:22:32 +1030
Re:  Definite list of XSLT 2.0 processors?
Andrew Welch wrote:
2010/1/18 Justin Johansson <procode@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Andrew,

Yes, well, my response to Vyacheslav was a tad rhetorical.

So let's rephrase my original quandary yet again.

"Given the neglect (i.e. XSLT for anything else other than Saxon/Java
(notwithstanding .Net autoport)),
does *any other* community really want one?"

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, Intel and IBM both have their own commercial xslt 2.0 processors, and MarkLogic is adding xslt 2.0 support in version 5... (because of popular demand)

Everyone wants XSLT 2.0, it's the best!

First, thanks to all for replies to my inquiry on this thread and also many thanks to Abel Braaksma for seeding this discussion.

Yay, Andrew, I don't need any convincing of, as you say, "XSLT 2.0, it's the best" :-)

What I was hoping for was more convincing that there are real gaps in the "market" for XSLT 2.0 engines and particularly in the C/C++ implementation space.

Sadly, having inquired on various online forums and pursued some offline market research into the demand for a decent XSLT 2.0 implementation for the LAMP environment, I've been unable to positively identify such a real need as would be compelling enough to provoke the investment of time and money to develop and realize the same. The scale of difficulty involved in such a project (esp. XSLT 2.0 versus XSLT 1.0) certainly cannot be over-estimated. Nevertheless, with a little encouragement I'd like to be able to add a new XSLT 2.0 processor to Abel's list for 2010 and to complete such project which I've been slowly chipping away at for a few years now.

Regards

Justin Johansson

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.