[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Confusing trace from Saxon HE9

Subject: Re: Confusing trace from Saxon HE9
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 23:06:18 +0100
Re:  Confusing trace from Saxon HE9
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your look, I'll try drilling down where the $node assignment happens, but I am pretty sure I am not intentionally putting the things
in there that my code exposes.

G. Ken Holman wrote:

Your stylesheet doesn't compile standalone because of missing template rules, which indicates to me there are other fragments at play.

That is correct, since it is part of a whole, which includes about 15 XSL files. I'll try to isolate the issue in a smaller single-file XSL sheet for this list.
Furthermore, the failing template receives two nodes in a variable that I hardly expect to be grouped together. In the source document they are not even siblings.
Expose your $node variable after you assign it and see where it gets more than one node in it.

The $node variable is not used at all in the way I am using the templates at the moment. What I try to do is use some slightly complex way of splitting
a TEI into manageable sized chunks while converting it to XHTML for ePub consumption, and a range of related ePub support files. I need to do the same complex splitting in four different
cases, so instead of writing the complex splitting code several times, I wrote it once, giving an additional parameter $action through the entire recursion, to select what
to do when I've reached the bottom of the recursion. In some cases, I need an additional $node parameter, but in the case that puzzles me, no $node parameter
is needed. I now explicitly set it to the empty string at calling time, but the issues still appears.

The current question is, how can a trace show an error in a stylesheet that is not even matched or called in the stylesheet higher on in the trace.

Jeroen.

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.