[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Problem with "except" operator

Subject: Re: Problem with "except" operator
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:17:21 -0500
Re:  Problem with "except" operator
Ken writes:
... but I'm still a fan of "=" and "!=", even if I mistype when rushing a volunteer answer on a mail list. You aren't the only one who gets caught out.

And David writes:
that rule is a bit complicated and easy to break as the usual problem is
that one of the arguments  evaluates to a sequence of more than one when
you expect or "know" that it wont:-)

So I think it's easier to use a simpler rule:

never use !=

So while, in Ken's library, gkh:a-fan-of('=') and gkh:a-fan-of('!=') both return true(), in David's, dc:a-fan-of('!=') returns false().

My processor happens to work like David's in this case (though like Ken I know smart people for whom both return false()).

Cheers,
Wendell

====================================================================== Wendell Piez mailto:wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com 17 West Jefferson Street Direct Phone: 301/315-9635 Suite 207 Phone: 301/315-9631 Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in SGML and XML ======================================================================

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.