[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Copy results

Subject: Re: Copy results
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:00:05 -0700
Re:  Copy results
On Jul 8, 2008, at 12:19 PM, Wendell Piez wrote:

... depending on where you're going, you might have a concern about tomorrow as well as today.

In my experience designing languages the engineerings that end up using it do all kinds of thing the designers never anticipated.

I asked the question because I care about tomorrow.

It is also my experience that language designers (I know, I am one) use "should" language way too much.

In fact, I was after rather more specific information; unrelated to any opinion about what I "should" be doing. I essentially asked for the optimal way to place result-document output in two locations. So far, I have been offered no quantified reason for doing what I propose that actually would impact scaling or robustness.

However, I can think of one or two possible issues. XSLT garbage collection, for example, may not - for reasons I may be unaware of - be unhappy. I'd expect it to be fine, but it seems reasonable to ask. There may be error handling issues that people have encountered processing a number of collections. Again, it seems reasonable to ask.

In general, all my XSLT is server side and is not generating "dynamic pages" so I do not expect to have either scaling or robustness issues later. And while I do process file sets of some size, each set is constrained to a logical document. Imagine something that dealt Michael Kay's new book (which I am finding very helpful BTW - and would love to know just which tools were used to produce it).

With respect,
Steven

--
	Dr. Steven Ericsson-Zenith
	Institute for Advanced Science & Engineering
	http://iase.info
	http://senses.info

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.