[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

fo:block affects layout on previous page (remove colum

Subject: fo:block affects layout on previous page (remove column separators)
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 13:27:26 +0200
 fo:block affects layout on previous page (remove colum
Hello XSL-List,

I'm creating a three column layout with column separators in the gutter. This is achived with one background image on `region-body`. This works as intended on all pages but creates problems on pages with page-wide objects (span=all) which do not cover the whole page. In my case, I have a lot of page-wide tables with footnotes.

In the space between the page-wide table and the footnote the column separators is showing while I'd like it not to.

I have solved this (partly) by adding a `fo:block` (with background-color set to white) wrapping the table and added

<xsl:attribute name="space-before">3mm</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="space-after.optimum">3mm</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="space-after">110mm</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="space-after.precedence">5</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="space-before.precedence">15</xsl:attribute>

to the table attribute-set. This solution works everywhere except on the last table who's not followed by another table but by a fo:block with a title. This title however is located on the next page but still creates a space between the footnote and the fo:block (containing the table). How is this possible? Am I doing something fundamentaly wrong here? When I remove all data following the last table, everything works like a charm.

In my world, a element shouldn't be able to affect the layout on a previous page, but I'm a newbie at this FO-stuff too... If someone got a better solution to the problem I'd be thrilled to hear about it!

What I really want is the column separators in the gutter to disappear between the table and footnote if there isn't any column-wide content in this area. Is this possible to achive?

Btw, I'm using Antennahouse XSLFormatter 4.2.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Per Tvyrd

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.