[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: parser error with CDATA string '&a'

Subject: Re: parser error with CDATA string '&a'
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 11:57:22 -0500
Re:  parser error with CDATA string '&a'
At 2008-03-01 17:03 +0100, Werner Remmers wrote:
Hi Ken,

When you say it doesn't work, in what way does it not work?

I try to transform it with an xsl-sheet that copies its most part into a new document and makes changes on just some few nodes. And that doesn't work because Saxon throws the error reported.

On the "new" document?

I must not change &a to &amp; within the uri because the server won't be able no more to fetch the GET parameter "a" from the uri. It's not my server.

Regardless, I think that is non-conformant behaviour, but I cannot find a reference online to back me up with that statement.

Isn't it really possible to copy the string as CDATA?

No ... CDATA is syntactic sugar for XML documents ... it isn't meaningful at all. It is just a shortcut for not typing out entities.

After copying the content into a new document (what doesn't work yet) I want to use the <url_download> to dynamically generate links with its CDATA.

Ah ... then you don't have a problem on the way in to the second process, only on the way out to your server.

On the way in to your second process you have to have "&amp;" because the second process is XSLT ... hence the message from Saxon (I hadn't realized you had two processes).

One solution to th '&a' problem would be using the function fn:encode-for-uri (XSLT 2.0) which will transform back the &amp;a to &a. Unfortunately it is not possible because the libxst-processor that is included in PHP and that I must use for 'XSLT on the fly' only supports XSLT 1.0. That's why I must not change &a to &amp;

Then I think you are stuck. What experiments have you run with the server? Have you tried hand-typing &amp; in the URL at the server to see how it complains?

Sorry I have no guidance to get around what I believe is non-conformant behaviour.

. . . . . . . . . . Ken

-- World-wide corporate, govt. & user group XML, XSL and UBL training RSS feeds: publicly-available developer resources and training G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995) Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.