[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Using XSL to create interactive web page from XML

Subject: Re: Using XSL to create interactive web page from XML
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 14:28:19 +0100
Re:  Using XSL to create interactive web page from XML
Furst, Tom wrote:

Using the following style sheet, I have managed to display the <text> element of the <symptom> element exactly the way I want. Now what I am trying to create is a link that will, when you click on the displayed <text> element, it will show a list of the corresponding corrective actions in an inline frame. I am unsure of:

1. How to ensure that each symptom is only linked to its associated <corrective-action-ref> elements.
2. What needs to be used as the "href" attribute for the HTML.

This is the simple stylesheet I have created so far:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

Are you really using XSLT 2.0 as the version attribute suggests? In that case, to display stuff in an iframe, you could make use of xsl:result-document to generate additional documents and then you just need to make sure the links address the generated documents.

--

Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.