[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: XML/XSLT for web templating

Subject: Re: XML/XSLT for web templating
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 11:41:18 -0400
Re:  XML/XSLT for web templating
On Oct 9, 2007, at 11:03 AM, Wendell Piez wrote:

Before it was too old, XSLT was too new. In some places it's still too new. It's too difficult -- except in some places they don't like it since "non-programmers" pick it up so readily and get so good with it so quickly. This drives the "programmers" nuts.

Wendell, I never thought of that. That's a very interesting consideration that you are making.

Obviously I can't offer advice to Alessandro since I don't know his actual situation, but I think it might be worth his considering just going with the flow. If they're allergic to XSLT, so be it: don't spend your energies fighting border skirmishes. Chances are, you can still find opportunities to use XSLT where it's especially well suited, solve real problems, demonstrate simple solutions, use it when enables doing things faster or better or otherwise impractical. In the meantime, you're also gaining valuable experience in other technologies, and hopefully making a few friends.

Thank you for your advice, I appreciate that, and yes, of course, it's not worth to "fight", I agree with you. Still, I believe that most of the "allergic reactions" I see are due to a lack of information, and then, informing people is a good cause.... :)
Last, my own situation is probably better than how it can be for many othesr, since I do have some weight in my organization, but I wish that there was a easier way to reach consensus, and again, information availability is key to that, I believe.

Thank you again,
Alessandro Bologna

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.