[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: XML structure to HTML unordered list

Subject: Re: XML structure to HTML unordered list
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 18:24:32 +0200
Re:  XML structure to HTML unordered list
Kaz wrote:

I'm looking forward to the day where there's a good, working and fast implementation of XSLT 2.0 for PHP.

In a way there is. There's PHP.NET and there's Saxon.NET and they interoperate (as any .NET technologies operate with one another). Saxon.NET is a .NET port of the Saxon for Java source base and it talks XSLT 2.0. Also, there's Gestalt written in Eiffel and there's Eiffel.NET, but I heard the other day from its maintainer, Colin Adams, that due to a compile time dependency library it cannot be compiled to .NET currently...

If you don't fancy .NET (can't blame you there ;) you can consider calling into Java methods (not that hard in PHP) or using a commandline version, or a service provider (i.e., using web services or something where all you need to do is give it a link to your resources from you PHP code) or wait for someone else for bridging the technologies.

Btw, the current XSLT 1.0 wasn't written for/in PHP either, iirc, it is libxslt, which was written in C and someday it was included with PHP.

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.