[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

recto/verso vs odd/even

Subject: recto/verso vs odd/even
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 22:11:18 +0900
 recto/verso vs odd/even
Hi,

I'm trying to format a book using XSL-FO in which recto and verso pages have different layouts. Basically mirror layouts with larger inside margins for binding. The problem is that my page-sequence's have initial-page-number=1 and force-page-count="no-force", we don't want blank pages. In other words, whether a page is odd or even has nothing to do with whether it is a front page or a back page in the book.
The book contains many small sections starting at page 1 but that can be a front or back page. Naturally I'm mapping the sections to page-sequences. However the conditional-page-master-reference has only tests for odd-or-even based on the page number of the page-sequence. I haven't found anything for recto/verso (front/back).

Any way to achieve this with XSL-FO?

Thanks,

Carlos

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.