[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Products implementing XSLT as a filter or allow you to

Subject: Products implementing XSLT as a filter or allow you to change behavior through XSLT
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 19:50:09 +0200
 Products implementing XSLT as a filter or allow you to
Hi people,

A short while ago there was a discussion going on about how well XSLT is accepted and whether it will stay in the niche forever or if it will come out. During that discussion I was wondering if anybody knows some definite list of companies that have implemented XSLT as part of their products.

For instance, a data transformation product may have add an optional XSLT 1.0 filter when XML data is to be transformed. Or an EAI product may by default use XSLT 1.0 to transform non-SOAP messages to the SOAP format of that EAI product. Or some web server or CMS server may use internally XSLT and gives you the option to modify it.

What I am interested in is both a list of systems that employ XSLT and patterns about the way they employ it. Is there a common vocabulary that is used with the XSLT filters? Is it easy to extend it (i.e., through imports or an interface) or do you need to change the default templates? Is XSLT a mandatory part, or is it likely that users work around it (perhaps in MS products, where .NET technologies can be used as an alternative)? Do some well known products use XSLT internally and could you change it to change its behavior (i.e., suppose XSLT were used for a default rendering of XHTML content in Konqeror, one could change its default render behavior by changing this XSLT).

It is probably useless to try to get a full list, but I am very interested in any sources or input you may have.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.