[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: formating entities

Subject: Re: formating entities
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:28:44 +0200
Re:  formating entities
Hi Daniel,

I think you'll have to be a bit more specific of what you want. You use quite general terminology and you seem to mix up some of the terms. Can you explain with examples what you have (your input) and what you want (your output)?

Tutorials on XML, XSLT, CSS, XML Entities, etc are numerous on the web. But my guess is you look for something specific...

Please see my comments below about what is unclear to me about your inquiry.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

daniel veiga wrote:
Hi,

I'm have to format some xml entities, i looked fot the
web and i did not find nothing similar.

What is an XML Entity? We have parsed and unparsed entities, numerical entities and named entities. All are used with XML. Do you mean that you need to apply some format on entities like &amp; &euml; and/or &#xA0; &#12354;?

I need a tutorial or a webpage where i found how to
format font size, style, color, paper margin, etc ..

You can format these in many ways and the web contains many pointers, but you don't make clear how you want to format and what target format you need. Do you want to use CSS with HTML? Search for "tutorial CSS". Do you want to use old-style HTML? Search for HTML Reference or similar. Do you want to create a PDF or AFP or PS file for printing? You may want to use XSL-FO depending on what input data you have to transform. The transformation can be done in various ways of which one is with using XSLT. Use "Tutorial XSLT" or "Tutorial XSL-FO" on Google to find some pointer.ss

i presume which the file xsl do this job, if i
mistake, please how do i this?

You can do a lot with XSLT, but XSLT is not always the best tool. Depending on what your task is about, you may or may not find XSLT useful. If you mean with 'xsl' 'xsl-fo' than it will also highly depend on the target format. For instance, you don't need XSL-FO for creating a web page.

Cheers (2),
-- Abel Braaksma

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.