[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: WYSIWYG XSLT Web based editor

Subject: Re: WYSIWYG XSLT Web based editor
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:55:27 +1000
Re:  WYSIWYG XSLT Web based editor
Senthilkumaravelan K wrote:
Hi ,
I would like to know ,is there any web based WYSIWYG XSLT tool
available in the market.We would like to explore it and we would also
ready to buy ,if it one available.
It seems every couple of months this question comes up. I have probably had this rant before, but I don't understand, is what this is actually asking for? XSLT converts XML into other forms of XML, HTML or plain text. So the first question is what do you want represent. The second question is do you have a single bit of XML you want to convert to your selected output or do you want some God-like tool that will work with any XML? In my opinion, as XSLT WYSIWYG tool is missing the point of XSLT. A tool that will allow you to write some defined XML that can be converted via an XSLT into something pretty is doable (you could probably use any XHTML rich text editor), but a tool that converts any XML into some pretty output is probably impossible.

--
Kamal Bhatt

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.