[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Xsl Include cached?

Subject: Xsl Include cached?
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:46:02 -0700
 Xsl Include cached?
Do any xslt processors cache xsl:include? If not, what strategies can one use to speed this process up?

I like to modularize and reuse templates throughout my application. It seems that xsl:include doesn't cache include files and everything is brought in file by file at compile time. Having to stuff one stylesheet with every callable template in my application reads like a monolithic tome.

What would be nice is if we had something simple like this with a 1MB cache setting:

<xsl:include href="foobar.xslt" cache="yes"/>
<xsl:include href="foobar.xslt" cache="no"/>
<xsl:include href="doh.xslt" cache="yes"/>

Also, is there a mechanism to allow for stylesheets to be included at the point of request instead of having include being at the root?
For example, PHP's require_once/include_once is a very nice feature.

--------------------------
Kerry Kobashi
Kobashi Computing

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.