[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Throw Exception When the node contains invalid for

Subject: Re: Throw Exception When the node contains invalid for that context in XSLT to Java
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:54:17 +0200
Re:  Throw Exception When the node contains invalid for
Senthilkumaravelan Krishnanatham wrote:
You mean error method in Errorlistner, during the xsl:message terminate =yes ,it is not throwing any exception.

No, Florent means the same I wrote earlier in response to this thread: the error() XPath 2.0 function. It will raise an XPath exception.

terminate="yes" will terminate your transformation. I don't believe it says anything about throwing an exception. You can check the Saxon documentation (if you use Saxon) in how to respond to messages. I am not sure if you can "catch" whether the message is send with a terminate="yes", I remember a thread in the Saxon list about it a while ago, that says that it is not possible: https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=458FC5FE.80609%40i-hypergrid.com&forum_name=saxon-help.

But this gets Saxon specific. Better ask it on the Saxon list.

I am still struggling to get the exception part of it.

who said there's an exception? It is written to System.err. That's all.

On Mar 29, 2007, at 3:53 AM, Florent Georges wrote:

error() can be of help too, depending on the real requirements.

Regards,

--drkm

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.