[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: XSLT 2.0 has arrived

Subject: Re: XSLT 2.0 has arrived
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:15:37 +0000
Re:  XSLT 2.0 has arrived

Isn't it possible to use the excellent IBM ICU libraries for the encodings from within Gestalt (or Eiffel)? Then you support 500+ encodings in one go.

It's theoretically possible, but I'm not going to do it.

It is there in C and Java and it is open source.

I tried reading the C++ implementation once (when I was writing the Eiffel Unicode normaliztion routines - Mark Davis advised me to look at it because ICU has better optimization algorithms than the sample Java code he provides which both Mike and I have used as the starting point for our support for NFC, NFKD etc.). I soon gave up - I couldn't see anything but memory-management code, and I got lost before I could come to the meat of the algorithms.

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.