[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: metrics for evaluating xsl-t?

Subject: Re: metrics for evaluating xsl-t?
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:36:19 -0400
Re:  metrics for evaluating xsl-t?
Tony Graham wrote:

Since I have only vague ideas on what to measure to determine complexity, I would have the complexity stylesheet output XML representing the counts for the different factors being measured in case the weighting for the various factors ever needs to change. It would also make it easier to write one complexity stylesheet that would be used to compute multiple complexity metrics, just as the cyclomatic complexity page refers to multiple, complementary metrics.

Wouldn't this all be dependent on the source XML? In other words, if you are dealing with one set of XML (data oriented) and I am dealing with another (document oriented) and X is dealing with yet another (tree/nested), the XSL would be widely different. And for good reasons. Would you want to compare those?

-Rob

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.