[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

An XSL strategy for mixing regular and foldout pages

Subject: An XSL strategy for mixing regular and foldout pages
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:49:08 -0700
fold out pages
First I'm wondering how difficult it might be to create a stylesheet that handles normal book size pages, but then can randomly (when an oversized table or figure is found) insert a fold out or extended page. I need to output PDF.

It seems like the page layouts are assigned to a section and I could change a whole section to a new size or layout, but interleaving a larger page seems impossible with that process.

If this is possible, how did you control the triggering of the new page size? I have control of the DTD so I can add elements or attributes where I need to - maybe the trick is just to create a <foldout> element that wraps the normal graphic or table and that becomes my trigger. Is there a better way to do this? My only other thought is to move all the foldouts to the back of the book, but I don't think I have control of the organization of the material itself.

..dan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Danny Vint

Specializing in Panoramic Images of California and the West
http://www.dvint.com

voice: 510-522-4703

When H.H. Bennett was asked why he preferred to be out
shooting landscapes rather than spending time in his portrait studio:

"It is easier to pose nature and less trouble to please."

http://www.portalwisconsin.org/bennett_feature.cfm

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.