[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: get the current xml file name

Subject: RE: get the current xml file name
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 07:42:31 +0100
xslt current filename
I would think something like:

document (concat(document-uri(/),'../','nextfile.xml')) should do the trick.

If you are using XSLT 2.0, you can use the resolve-uri function which will be a bit neater.

Reply-To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  get the current xml file name
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 08:18:37 +0200

hi

this is my first (xslt-beginner) question to this list, hoping my question is not been answered 1 mio times. i was searching in the archive to avoid this. :-)

i'm looking for a function that helps me to read and process several .xml files by document(). the problem is that when i say

document('nextfile.xml')

the document() function tries to read the xml file in the path of the current xslt (!) file. and that's not working for me. so i want to redirect the document() function to the path of the directory of the current .xml file.

how can i do that?

document-uri(/)

reports the whole (!) uri of the current xml file. that includes the path i'm looking for, like

file:/C:/somewhere/anywhere/whereami/myfile.xml

and that's fine. but how can i now cut off 'myfile.xml' when 'myfile.xml' is always changing and i have no idea of this filename in the xslt and replace it with 'nexfile.xml'?

i thought to find a function to

get the current xml file name

to be able to extract that file from the uri-path-string. but i could not find anything about this. also trying to find a function to find the last '/' in a string and extracting from that with substring-after (). uahh.

i hope to find help here. any hint is very appreciated!

from switzerland
frank

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.