[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: From: "Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com> Subject: R

Subject: RE: From: "Michael Kay" <mike@s...> Subject: RE: Re: Generating real end notes that can be read by MS Word, Message-ID: <005f01c671d5$d7799500$6401a8c0@turtle> >> I do not have Word Re: Generating real end notes that can be read by MS Word,
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 14:27:33 +0900
michael riggs
>> I do not have Word
>>How are you planning to test your software then?

My editor reads it with Word. And if I can save the file in OO as a Word file and open again as Word and it looks right, that is a close enough for the preliminary test.

My point was that I cannot even find out about writing xml to be read by Word unless I own a license for Word. Which is why I am now working with Open Office Writer xml formats. Not too easy for me, but its good practice in handling namespace, DOCTYPE declarations, attribute-sets and so forth.

Doesn't anyone else have to make footnotes that Word users will accept as real?

Thanks for the comments,

David Riggs, Kyoto

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.