[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

FO: Non-proportional output with proportional font

Subject: FO: Non-proportional output with proportional font
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 00:55:41 +0200
non proportional font
Hi all!

Im producing documents with standard font "Arial/Helvetica" (proportional font). The problem: parts of the document containing tables, created with ASCII characters (like - and |). Unfortunatly, I've no chance to re-create these stupid text-elemtens. Source of the text is given XML, generated on IBM Mainframe with Cobol.
Now I'm looking for a tricky way to process this text-tables, getting a pretty formatted output.
The easiest way is using an non-proportional font like "Courier", of course. But this isn't the solution I'm looking for, cause I dont want to use these ugly font in my documents.
Is there any chance getting a non-proportional output by using a proportional font (e.g. Helvetica)? I know, sounds crazy, but: any ideas?

Greetings,
Christian

P.S: Using Apache-Group FOP 0.20.5, Output format is PDF.

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.