[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Naming a new XML file from XSL

Subject: Naming a new XML file from XSL
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:20:41 -0500
xml file with xsl
Hi. How do I code an XSL Stylesheet to insert an XML file name with beginning and end tags into the resulting transform to an XML file?

I have an XML file (XML-A). I use an XSL stylesheet (XSL-A) to perform a transform of XML-A with the results output as another XML file (XML-B).

I need to have XSL-A insert <XML-B> and </XML-B> tags properly into XML-B for its file name. The file name for XML-B will always be the same (i.e. results, output, etc.).

Currently, I am inserting the tags manually into XML-B. I then use a 2nd XSL stylesheet (XSL-B) to do a transform of XML-B. XSL-B is coded with <xsl:template match="XML-B">, so if XSL-A can be coded to automatically insert the name tags when it transforms XML-A to XML-B, I can immediately transform XML-B with XSL-B without having to manually insert the name tags into XML-B. Thanks in advance.

Gary

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.