[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: msxml and removing parameters from a cached proces

Subject: Re: msxml and removing parameters from a cached processor
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:52:49 -0000
msxml xsltprocessor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Emmanouil Batsis" <Emmanouil.Batsis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Emmanouil Batsis" <manos_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: msxml and removing parameters from a cached processor

Robert Koberg wrote:

Are you using xsl:params with default values or sometimes not passing params? In other words, if you do a transform with a cached processor where the first time you pass param 'foo=bar' and then in the next transform you do not send the param 'foo' you will still get the param 'foo=bar'. Maybe I am just missing how Manos does it?

Actually the MS API does not offer anything out of the box to reset parameter values to their default; the reset method brings back the transformer to the state prior to the last transformation, but that does not mean it resets the params to their defaults (well, AFAIK).

Sarissa implements Mozilla's XSLTProcessor for IE but that impl does not include the clearParameters method (which switches the params to the defaults). The mechanism is mostly there so i guess i'll have to fix for the next release ;-)

Manos

How would that work?

Would you have to store the defaults (in a hashtable for example) when the setParameter was called?
--

Joe

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.