[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: feasibility of HTML input

Subject: Re: feasibility of HTML input
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:11:07 -0500
Re:  feasibility of HTML input
didoss@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
David -

I was hoping not to interfere with the existing outputs,...I can go down that path if this one is not worthwhile.

Are you using Ant to generate reports? If so, you call a Tidy task (I think there is one) or create a class that calls it and use the java task. Then have another task that calls you summary report transform. It should be pretty simple as I am sure the respective reports are pretty uniform.

But, it would probably be better to output XML and use JUnit's and Emma's (?) XSL to transform to the report output. Then use the same XML to create you source. Then you don't need the tidy step.

best,
-Rob

Dianne

-------------- Original message ----------------------

I'm a bit puzzled - a quick google suggests that it isn't hard to get both JUnit and Emma to produce XML reports, as well as HTML. You'd be much better off parsing that, than the user-friendly HTML. Is there a reason why you can't?

Cheers,
David Wright

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.