[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: Re: Re: Newbie to XSLT needs help with MIF->XML->S

Subject: RE: Re: Re: Newbie to XSLT needs help with MIF->XML->SGML output
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:32:34 -0500
mif xml
I am unfamiliar with "MIF" formatted files. Are they some kind of marked up format (i.e., XML) or are they structured in some other way? Are they text or binary?
-- 
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email

-----Original Message-----
Sent:     Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:28:14 -0600
To:       <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Re: Re:  Newbie to XSLT needs help with MIF->XML->SGML output

I guess I should have been more clear. 

This is a revision to a technical manual that was not previously in any kind of digital format. I layed out the book in Unstructured FrameMaker then saved the FrameMaker files as MIFs, with a book file saved as MIF also. The application that converts the MIFs doesn't have anything to do with FrameMaker (it's not a plug-in/API/FrameScript/etc.); it opens the book MIF file and converts the MIF structure into XML, then SGML. During the steps it takes to convert, it follows instructions within its own DLLs but using input from the XSL stylesheets depending on the DTD I need it to convert to. The problem seems to be happening somewhere between the DLLs' interpretation of the XSL. Since I don't have the source code I was hoping I could somehow "bypass" the DLLs' function/s & simply transform the documents using a program like Stylus Studio, but I don't even know where to begin reconstructing those instructions within the XSL rather than the DLL. 

Or is this even more muddy than ever? ;-)

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.