[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Formatting table information

Subject: Re: Formatting table information
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:24:18 +0100
wrap text format tables
Hi Kamal,

Sorry, what do you mean by modulo 2 or 3? I should have made it clearer, my tables will look something like this:

This is the first row This is the second column This is the third colum
and it will wrap the text and it will wrap the text
around as well.

This has to be done in plain text, unfortunately, is it possible?

Okay, I thought you where just asking how to generate a normal table with three columns.

If I understand this correctly, you will need to break the text into small pieces with the column width (which depends on the total width of the page, number of columns, and space between columns). If I remember correctly, you already have a solution that can break text into smaller pieces.

What you then need is a nodeset (might be contained in a variable), where each node contains such a piece of text. To format the page so that you will have the same amount of text on each line, you will have to divide the number of text strings (pieces of text) with the number of columns. Remainders will start on the leftmost column, so that empty columns will be on the right.

I do not know whether this can be done in but one transformation.

I hope that I have understood your question correctly.
Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.