[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Kudos and thanks to the list

Subject: Kudos and thanks to the list
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:39:24 +1000
kudos of thanks
Thanks to this list and the excellent participants thereof, I'm rapidly gaining understanding of XSL.

Due to a brief comment by Michael Kay - I realised my bizarre XPath statements were due to a default namespace problem and so could replace the hack <xsl:template match="*//*[name()='tx.insert_object']"> with a much more sane <xsl:template match="/fl:tx.insert_object"> Jeni Tennison has an excellent article in the FAQ about default namespaces.

The examples in the FAQ for transforming a flat file into structure has been exceedingly helpful.

My question to the list was promptly answered, even though a similar question was recently answered.

So cheers and thanks to one and all for an excellent list.

To do list - read XSLT Programmer's Reference by Michael Kay and try to better understand XSLT.

Lynn

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.