[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: Transform XML to XML

Subject: RE: Transform XML to XML
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:28:41 -0400
RE:  Transform XML to XML
Mike,

At 04:11 PM 8/25/2005, you wrote:
>> That could be because your concept of what's happening internally is
inaccurate, leading you to mistaken ideas about the way things need to
be set up so that everything will happen the way you want it.

Uh, well, duh! :)

Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to take you to task. (Your style of approach made me think I could take off the kid gloves. And besides, you'd already figured out for yourself that you needed an identity transform, without knowing what to call it. That in itself requires a leap of insight into how to approach problems of transformation, which is very good grounds for hope.)

Of course that's the case.  I do find myself getting frustrated and
almost angry at it because of how it behaves, but I guess that's my own
personal shortcoming. :)

Anywho, that's why I joined this list: to try to finally figure it out
(and to vent every so often. :)

Please do: all venting about XSLT is on-topic (and so are responses as long as the topic remains XSLT).

Mainly I wanted to convey the word that your worries are over (well okay I exaggerate): here, all the subtleties of XSLT's weird ways are understood, appreciated and approved of (mostly) -- and explained not infrequently.

So if the new bits of information -- about the identity transform, the built-in default templates and their function (which the identity template overrides), and the difference and marvelous complimentarity between matching (xsl:template) and selecting (xsl:apply-templates) -- don't all by themselves flood your brain with understanding -- again, please feel free to post.

Cheers,
Wendell

====================================================================== Wendell Piez mailto:wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com 17 West Jefferson Street Direct Phone: 301/315-9635 Suite 207 Phone: 301/315-9631 Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in SGML and XML ======================================================================

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.