[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Working with multiple files

Subject: Working with multiple files
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:40:30 +0100
compare multiple files
Hi

Im sure theres a fairly straight-forward and obvious approach available. So Id like some suggestions.

I have written loads of .xsl files for transforming some .xml files. The result is a set of 2 separate .xml files (output from 2 separate .xsl files) on which Id like to carry out some comparisons.

Graphically for example the process is such:

Step 1 : Model1.xml --> Transf1.xsl --> Result1.xml

Step 2: Model2.xml --> Transf2.xsl --> Result2.xml

My main problem isnt how to compare Result1 and Result2 but how to start writing them. In which kind of file?

- Can I import these two files into one .xsl and work upon them? or
- Should I and can I write some <?xml-stylesheet href='Compare.xsl'.....?> in Result1.xml when generating it from Transf1.xsl ? Then only import Result2.xml in Compare.xsl ?

Could someone please advise me on the best approach. I need a solution that can be as piped as possible as all this will ultimately form part of one button on the GUI.

Thanks
Rahil

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.