[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content

Subject: Re: Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:25:03 -0500
edward bryant
Sorry, I am still a little new to this and I had some trouble understanding this response to my post.

your best bet is to remove all <p/>'s and then apply text() matching
template that wraps text with <p/>, along with a blockquote template
that just copies itself.

If I understand this correctly, the text between two block quotes would be treated the same as a simple plain paragraph. I don't think, however, this will work because I would lose the attributes of the xml tagged paragraphs. My source xml contains paragraphs that contain a number attribute, as well as other inline tagging for italics, footnotes, etc.

For example:

<paragraph num="1">Yadda Yadda Yadda <italic>Italic Yadda</italic> Yadda:
<blockquote>Blah Blah Blah Blah</blockquote>
Yackity Yack Yack</paragraph>

I read the previous posts under the subject line "Transformation problem tei > xhtml" but I also had trouble understanding either of the suggested solutions.

Sorry, if I need a little too much hand holding but can someone explain how I would do this and how the suggested code would actually work?

I am basically trying to convert a basic document with standard features such as italic, footnotes, blockquotes, bullet lists etc. to XHTML. I would have thought that these basic issues would have been tackled numerous times by now. But every time I google these issues before posting questions to lists or forums, I can't find anything comparable. Most XML-related tutorials and books seem to assume use of more data-type information (without much mixed content), rather than document-type information.

In short, I would be happy to learn more before posting if anyone can point me toward any XML resources for dealing with actual document text issues?

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.