[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content

Subject: Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:54:48 -0500
display mixed content
I am having a lot of trouble transforming XML blockquotes that are structurally and grammatically correct (i.e, as child elements to a parent paragraph tag) into XHTML that will be displayed correctly by a browser. Because of two separate IE6 bugs that prevent a blockquote from being structured as the child of a paragraph, I pretty much need the XSL output to be

<p>Yadda yadda yadda:</p>
  <blockquote><p>blah blah blah</p></blockquote>
  <p class="cont">yackity yack</p>

However, the XML is structured like this:

<p>Yadda yadda yadda:
 <blockquote>blah blah blah</blockquote>
  yackity yack</p>

So, my first thought was to make a conditional statement that would do this but I am having a lot of trouble constructing it. I can not locate any information on a conditional statement that would test whether one element (p) with mixed conternt contained another element (blockquote). I also am having trouble with a way to split up the p tag's text into the pre-blockquote and post-blockquote strings. Even with the above problems, I haven't even touched on the problems that a paragraph with multiple blockquotes would cause.

Lastly, I realized that this all seems way too complicated just to correctly display a blockquote, so I am secretly hoping that I am way off base and that there is a simplier solution to this problem. What other ways of handling blockquotes have been used elsewhere?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Edward

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.