[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: XML to Database Inserts via XSLT

Subject: Re: XML to Database Inserts via XSLT
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:10:50 -0500
Re:  XML to Database Inserts via XSLT
At 11:48 AM 3/10/2005, you wrote:
(ps. XSLT really isn't that hard to pick up from what
I have seen, although it does have a quite fearsome
reputation (being part of the whole XPath/XML group))

Like most things, XSLT rewards those who approach it with an open mind and who are ready to leave aside preconceptions that don't bear out, and try something different. I've always wondered to what extent its reputation for being difficult is just due to its being different (from X, Y or Z).

Its fearsome reputation is flattering, I guess. Why are we all using it despite its fearsomeness? It must be really powerful, and we must be really smart.

(Uh-oh, I'm going to have to get that irony-meter checked out.)

Cheers,
Wendell

====================================================================== Wendell Piez mailto:wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com 17 West Jefferson Street Direct Phone: 301/315-9635 Suite 207 Phone: 301/315-9631 Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in SGML and XML ======================================================================

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.