[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Transform xhtml to xhtml, convert one tag to anoth

Subject: Re: Transform xhtml to xhtml, convert one tag to another, while preserving rest of file
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:51:59 +0100
xsl transform xhtml
Tempore 20:38:56, die 02/07/2005 AD, hinc in xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit Peter O. <xolox@xxxxxxx>:

Summary:
I want to use XHTML as input and output, and in the process convert one tag from one format to another, while keeping the rest of the file intact. Is this possible?

Hi,

perfectly possible. you have to use the 'xsl:copy' element instead of the 'xsl:copy-of' element.
e.g. try this stylesheet:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />

<xsl:template match="reference">
<!--
Lots of nested choose when/otherwise elements. "reference" is the custom element I want to transform to
regular hyper links.
-->
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="node()|@*">
	<xsl:copy>
		<xsl:apply-templates select="node()|@*"/>
	</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

I was hoping that, since the reference template is the first from top to bottom, it would get processed first.
The document order of templates has nothing (or extremely little) to do with the order in which they are processed.

regards,
--
Joris Gillis (http://www.ticalc.org/cgi-bin/acct-view.cgi?userid=38041)
"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.