[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: Performance problem

Subject: RE: Performance problem
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:32:42 +0200
ficfic
Hi David & Michael,

I have 10,116kb (~9.87Mb) xml-source file, in it I have 60,960 records of <item>

I get the following loading time:

If I use the format-bytes **                		61-64sec
If I use the bytes-format without format-number()  **    61sec
If I only print value of the bytes **	               44sec
If I only print value of the timestamp & bytes		41sec

** In the first three cases I use the format-date template.

I have Pentium4, CPU 2.4Ghz, 0.5G RAM, and Im running on windows 2000 pro.

I run my XML through iexplorer (I dont want/need to use other 3-party as saxon, just IE6)

1. How can I know what XSLT processor Im using and in which version? (I guess Im using Microsoft).

2. From your experience what you can tell about my performance?
3. I think that the div (=divide) command in the format-bytes is the heavy thing. does someone have an alternative to my algorithm?

4. Apparently I'm not using xslt2 because I get the following error "Keyword xsl:stylesheet may not contain xsl:function". Where can I find the built-in date handling functions? Does it work only with elements and xslt2? should I move to xslt2 ? how can I do it ?

5. Michael, I read somewhere that you said it is better to use <template match=..> instead of <for-each> what about my case ?

6. Ill be happy to get any tweaks to make it 10% faster, because I need to come-up with a size-limit to my file and then not to let people to open my file in IE, but to use other methods. My xml file is basically a database which I let it be displayed as html under certain size-limit.

Thanks in advance
ficfic

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.