[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: xml -> htmlhelp and character 8220

Subject: Re: xml -> htmlhelp and character 8220
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:42:07 +0100
xml valid 8220
Having investigated a bit further, I see there are three possibly relevant encoding variables, htmlhelp.encoding, chunker.output.encoding and saxon.character.representation. I'm not sure how they relate to each other. But somehow the 1.59.1 docbook-xsl stylesheets "just worked" to handle the encoding issues, with both English and Italian xml input while the newer stylesheets seem to require complex intervention.

If I set

<xsl:param name="htmlhelp.encoding" select="'windows-1250'"/>
<xsl:param name="chunker.output.encoding" select="'UTF-8'"/>
<xsl:param name="saxon.character.representation" select="'native'"/>

then English XML input is processed OK, but with Italian input saxon chokes on iso-8859-1:

Error at xsl:copy-of on line 338 of file:/usr/share/sgml/docbook-xsl/html/chunker.xsl:
Output character not available in this encoding (decimal 249)

Allin Cottrell

I'm not very familiar with the settings of the docbook stylesheets, but I don't see you specify iso-8859-1. Is there an xsl:output setting somewhere? (Just a lucky guess)

Grtz,
Geert

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.