[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: XML/XSL free editor (eclipse plug-in, if possible)

Subject: Re: XML/XSL free editor (eclipse plug-in, if possible)
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 23:11:27 -0800
eclipse xpath
A while back George from Sync.Ro Soft donated 10 licenses of Oxygen to the Saxon.NET project --

NOTE: Thanks again George! Everyone -- especially Kurt Cagle -- loves your editor, especially the debugger which is the portion that I use -- jEdit for raw development (although emacs is now on my slate for testing out) and Oxygen for debugging)

-- anyway, I know version 4.2 (I think thats the right version #) had support for XSLT 2.0 and included additional annotations in an intellisense style format which was very helpful. I havent had a chance to take a look at version 5.0 (George, will the licenses we have for 4.2 work with 5.0?) but from I have heard its pretty impressive. As far as the XPath validity (I'm assuming you would want both syntax and real-time parsing of the XML source to determine if the XPath being written goes out of scope from the source XML?) I can't say for sure, but I am guessing that George will be more than happy to answer those questions for you.

Best regards,

<M:D/>

Andrew Welch wrote:

I'm looking for a new XSLT IDE that integrates the new schema aware
functionality of 2.0; for example underlining any Xpath's I write that
aren't 'possible' (looking for the correct word there) according to the
given schema.  I would also like it to underline any match patterns that
aren't possible.  A bonus point would be given if I could see the
element children / attributes for the context node whilst in the middle
of writing the Xpath (with type information).

I don't know if any of the above is available now, on the horizon, or
even feasible, but they are top of my wishlist.

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.