[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: xsl and toc.hhc (was xml -> htmlhelp and character

Subject: Re: xsl and toc.hhc (was xml -> htmlhelp and character 8220)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:17:51 +0100
hht file
Allin Cottrell wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, David Carlisle wrote:

There are comments in the xsl files indicating that the MS help
compiler can't handle that :-(

can it handle utf-8 or utf-16 ? all characters can be encoded in utf encodings so you'd never get that error message if using utf8 (or 16).

Good thought -- and actually the document builds OK with utf-8 specified. The only problem is that section titles with 8-bit characters are broken when viewed on Windows :-(

Allin Cottrell

I guess you mean that the high characters are shown incorrectly. This is most likely because the MS help compiler expects to get a specific encoding, e.g. ansi-1250 or ansi-1252. HtmlHelp content should allow entities, but I believe we are talking about the hht file, the html help TOC file. It is textual.

I'm afraid you will have to downcase characters to the encoding it is expecting. And as it is MS, I guess you will have to downcase to ansi. But only for the hht file...

Grtz,
Geert

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.