[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Re: xsl:include with parameter?

Subject: Re: Re: xsl:include with parameter?
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:01:25 -0700
php include parameter

Okay, here's the deal: I have several XSL stylesheets that do different things [obviously] but use a couple of templates that are common to more than one stylesheet and are thus kept in separate "include" files. The choice of additional template to be included depends on a few other factors that have to do with the specificities of my system, and that would take a long time to explain but probably wouldn't add much to this discussion.

All XML files are generated by PHP scripts; when an XML file is generated, the script inserts an xml-stylesheet PI indicating which ready-made XSL file is to be used for transformation. That XSL file, in turn, calls (includes) another XSL file containing the additional template(s).

For practical reasons, I have to rely on browser-based XSL transformation. As I cannot use PHP's XSL processor, I can't have PHP pass the URI of an include file as a parameter to the XSL file, which I imagine would work.

Any suggestions are welcome. And if anyone thinks my whole idea is stupid and that there would be a much simpler way to accomplish what I want, feel free to say so bluntly.

Could you include all the files that you could possibly need and then use the templates as necessary?
How much XSLt are you planning on including?

As an aside, I have one project which uses php/sablotron and it work fine for server-side transformations.

-Brian

Erik

--+------------------------------------------------------------------
XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list
To unsubscribe, go to: http://lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/
or e-mail: <mailto:xsl-list-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
--+--

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.