[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: Using a custom URIResolver

Subject: RE: Using a custom URIResolver
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 08:32:47 +0200
uriresolver example
Hello Dave and Michael,

Thanks for your reactions. Please note my comments below.

Dave Pawson wrote:
>http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect4/N9723.html#d1184e255
>
>Shows a resolver example from Rober Koberg

I don't have a problem with creating a custom URI resolver. I already have done this and it works fine in other cases. The thing is that I also want to use the behaviour of the default URI resolver and only want to use my custom methods in case the default URI resolver fails. The example shows a complete custom URI resolver.

Michael Kay wrote:
>In Saxon, calling getURIResolver() on the Transformer object will give = you the standard URI resolver if no user-defined
>URIResolver has been set; however, the JAXP specification isn't explicit that this is what should happen,
>and I've no idea if Xalan does the same.

I've already tried what the getURIResolver() method in Xalan does when you haven't first set a custom URI resolver. It returns null and therefore I can't use the example of Michael. Of course I could switch to Saxon, but I'm already using Xalan for other actions in the same project and I don't want to use more software than necessary.
However, this raised the idea to check if there already is a URI resolver (default) implementation in the Saxon source and use this to create a custom URI resolver for Xalan. In the Xalan source I can't find anything like this.

Because I don't think that this is the most preferrable solution, better ideas are always welcome!

Bjorn

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.