[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: centralised alphabetical order for distributed con

Subject: RE: centralised alphabetical order for distributed content
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:09:10 +0000
msn date
Re posting as i am stil stuck.......
Is it possible to write xslt which will create one key across 30 files on a xalan server (not sure what sax streams are)?

Reply-To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  centralised alphabetical order for distributed content
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:44:34 +0000

I am performing the translations on a servlet which i cant control unfornately, it is based on a xalan server. Also when i tried to use a union operator to include all 30 files, for some reason it broke after 27 files ( i am guessing that has something to do with the server dedicating a limited amount of memory for a translation). Is it possible to write xslt which will create one key across 30 files on a xalan server (not sure what sax streams are)?

cheers
james

Reply-To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE:   centralised alphabetical order for distributed content
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:33:38 +0200

Hi,

> However, i can only create a key for one file. Is it possible
> to create one
> key for all 30 files? Or would it be easier to somehow gather
> all info from
> 30 files and then create a key from that?

Depends on your environment: if you're already calling the transformation e.g. from your own Java code, shouldn't be too difficult to gather the SAX streams from multiple document into one that's fed to the Transformer. Also, if you combine the documents outside the XSLT process, you could also generate a link/@key attribute that has already been converted to lowercase to make sorting easier.

Cheers,

Jarno - The Cure: Open

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself with cool new emoticons http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemo

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.