[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: Problem with money

Subject: RE: Problem with money
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:04:25 -0500
xsl money
We could probably fix this in two seconds if you had included the <xsl:sort> element from your stylesheet. Since we don't have an example of your XML nor do we have an example of your XSLT, I'll guess that you don't have a "data-type" attribute in your <xsl:sort> element. If you add one, and set its value to "number", chances are that your problem will go away. If that fails, then come back with the pieces I listed above and we'll have another go at it.
-- 
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email

-----Original Message-----
Sent:     Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:37:40 -0600
To:       <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:   Problem with money

I know, I know, who doesn't have problms with money?  I am hoping mine is easy to fix though.  

I am bulding an ASP page that contains a large table (10,000 rows or so).  To speed things along, I have created a script that querries the DB and builds me an XML file containign all the data.  I then have an ASP page that accepts some paramaters and then loads the XML and XSL documents and does the tranform so as to send plain HTML to the client.  The problem is I have to be able to sort by any column in the table.  This works fine for the most part, except for one column which is supposed to display a monetary value.  In the database, the column is of type money (MS SQL 2000) but in the created XML file, they lok like regular numbers (100, 200, 900).  When this column displays, the display is a normal nuber and when I try to sort by this column, I get no logical order at all?  I figured out how to use the format function to add commas and decimal point.  And I have added the dollar sign, but how can I make this collumn sortable?

Thanx.

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread
  • Problem with money
    • Dan - Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:45:42 -0500 (EST)
      • <Possible follow-ups>
      • cknell - Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:04:32 -0500 (EST) <=

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.