[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: U+ conversion to Unicode characters

Subject: Re: U+ conversion to Unicode characters
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:07:57 -0500
unicode u
If anyone can offer guidance on this it would be greatly appreciated. I know encoding questions are very common, and are oftentimes answered in the FAQ, but I can't seem to find anything on how to handle this type of instance.

I've tested a few instances with an XSL conversion using UTF-8, for example & # x0061;& # x02DB, and the charcters display separately -- lowercase a followed by an ogonek. The behavior seems perfectly logical, but I was expecting (hoping for) something different -- lowercase a with an ogonek attached ( or & # x00105;).

Many thanks,
-m

I'm getting some XML documents that use U+ notation ready for browser display so I'm converting the notation -- U+0107 to & # x0107;.

Things were moving along fine until I ran into U+0065+U+02DB sequence (and many others like it) in a document on Poland.

Is the "proper" way to convert these instances to just run the converted Unicode characters together and drop the middle +? Will these characers display properly if an XSLT encodes the document as ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8?

Many thanks,
-m

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.