[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Finding element definitions using the xs:include

Subject: Finding element definitions using the xs:include
From: "Karwa, Rajashree J" <rajashree.j.karwa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:11:44 -0400
xs include
Hi,

I'm trying to extract some data from an xml schema using XSLTs. 

The main schema that I'm parsing contains xs:include statements pointing to other schema files containing the definitions of the elements with some related data that must also be extracted. What I need to do is for every element in my main schema I need to look up its definition and extract some data from the definition. If the definition is a complex type, then generally I have to look up the definition of the composing elements in another schema. 

The include statements for everything is only in the main schema. And that's where my problem lies. I parse the main file and reach an element to look up.. which I can do easily using the ./xs:schema/xs:include match however once I get to the included file and need to look up some of its element definitions, the included file contains no xs:include tags since the includes were in the main schema only. So I don't know how to find the schema containing the element's definition.

I may have to maintain some sort of list (nodeset??) of the included schemas in the main schema  and refer to them later.

I did look at 
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200101/msg00535.html

which discusses recursive parsing of included schemas however I didn't understand how the variables schemas and includes get initialized and how exactly the information in the included schemas can be then accessed.

Any help would be really appreciated as I'm seriously going nuts trying to figure this out! btw.. I am new at working with xslts.

Thank you!
- Raj

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.