[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: Getting encoding error on svg output

Subject: RE: Getting encoding error on svg output
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 06:36:28 +0000
pickaxe and clue
Hi Lars,

(Specifying the
encoding in xsl:output only works in the XSL processor does the
serializing.)
I didn't know that. Thanks.

However, I would be surprised that Microsoft's ASP parts
are by default outputting to an encoding that Microsoft's browser
can't handle.
I have not have problems with anything else. Only when I try something like what is shown in my previous post do I get this error. (Anything else being normal static xml to be output in an html page using xslt).

Well, I'm fumbling in the dark here so I hope someone more knowledgable will answer.
I am hoping too :) As well as fumbling in the dark, but I always do that.

One way to work toward a solution would be to
use an external XSL processor such as saxon or msxsl.exe, to process
your xml with output to a file
I have to dynamically create the contents of the svg file, then show it to the user in one pass. Only if there is a way of saving the results, then loading the result and outputting it to the user, all in one pass, can I use the above method. If this is possible, I am very interested of knowing how, since I have no clue (as always, it seems :)).

By the way, I have also tried to save the files as ANSI, as well as (but not at the same time) writing
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> in the top of the xml and xsl documents. Nothing gives other than the afforementioned error.

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.