[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: Strip space in Sablotron (Non-Problem : fixed ;-)

Subject: RE: Strip space in Sablotron (Non-Problem : fixed ;-)
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:52:02 +0100
php strip non xml characters
Thanks Avula - basic mistake !

Tried it, it worked :--)) Marrow on the MS newsgroup pointed out quite rightly the processor is applying the default rules for any elements without templates (and of course these don't have strip-space LOL)

So - Thanks for the pointers Avula & all, I think I'm having one of those days :-p

One interesting thing I may need to do : Transform one or more of my elements to quoted-printable encoding. What this means is : substitute carriage returns in the original source -element- with the string =0D=0A=

I looked briefly at translate() function, but that only translates one character into another, where I need to translate one character into a string.

Now, will I run into problems with the default processing of XML where line endings are normalised, I *think* to a newline (if correct ?) That is, my XSL never gets to see the carriage return characters ? If so, I need to do some pre-processing in PHP before passing to my stylesheet.

Suggestions / URLs gratefully received

Cheers,
Neil Smith.

At 14:40 07/04/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:06:27 -0700
Subject: RE: Strip space in Sablotron keeps unwanted (source XML) li ne breaks :-(

If you start your xsl with the root level element it should solve the
problem.

<xsl:template match="/iCalendar">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="vcalendar/vevent" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="vevent".............

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.