[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: XMLPipe model: should we change the name?

Subject: Re: XMLPipe model: should we change the name?
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:46:38 -0500
Re:  XMLPipe model: should we change the name?
On Saturday, February 22, 2003, at 01:09 PM, Michael Pediaditakis wrote:

E.g. if we have a tranformation that handled an <import> element (with
functionality similar to XML Inclusions) and we have other tranformations
that might generate additional <import> elements. In that case a simple
static pipeline is not sufficient.

axkit has just introduced a new mechanism in 1.6.1 that I think might help with your problem. it also allows significant code re-use for me. It is the "axkit:" url that you can use in document() calls. if you call, e.g., document("axkit:/foo/bar.xml') axkit will first apply any XSLT to foo/bar.xml that is either designated in the processing instructions in bar.xml, or in the Apache configuration directives for /foo/bar.xml. Thus you would avoid the case, where the included file contains unprocessed XML includes or the like, because the PI'd XSLT would take care of that first.

it also allows substantial code reuse becuase you can call /foo/bar.xml directly as a file and get the processed result, set it up that way, and then reuse the results in any pipeline that calls axkit:/foo/bar without writing additional handling code.

I hope that makes sense.

simon

--
www.simonwoodside.com -- 99% Devil, 1% Angel

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.