[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: qualitative decline of xsl-list questions

Subject: Re: qualitative decline of xsl-list questions
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 12:44:38 -0500
tom semcheski

One thing is that debugging xslt problems takes some experience, and can seem rather different than debugging, say, javascript. In practice, I have found that as I get better at diagnosing my xslt problems, I have gotten better at debugging javascript and python too. I think that you need to apply more flexibility for diagnosing and correcting xslt problems and enhancing that ability is useful everywhere else.

Cheers,

Tom P

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

I can relate to what you are saying. When I had to take C++ in college, I had a pretty good understanding of programming and logic (at least thats what I thought.) The next semester, I took ML, and there was a big learning curve, and you just couldn't "hack it together" like you could with C++. When I came back to C++ the biggest adjustment was not using recursion for everything, and when that is your biggest problem, you're in good shape.

When I really started digging into xslt, it reminded me a lot of ML, except that there were practical applications for which I could use it. The clarity and elegance of the code seems to rub off on me when I have to use less elegant packages, like asp.

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.