[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Validating XML Using XSD...

Subject: Validating XML Using XSD...
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 04:13:48 -0000
xml using xsd
Hi All,
I  a newbie to validation of XML via XSD, and I am trying to write a Schema to validate some XML that I am using as part of an application that Iam building.  I have managed to get the XSD to validate the XML successfully.  I am now stuck at a particular point...

I need only to make sure that certain elements and attributes exist within the XML.  I need the XML to be allowed to contain elements/attributes that are not specified within the XSD schema.  Can anyone help me out with this.

An example of what I mean...

I need a schema that would ensure that the XML contained ALL of the following...

<servers>
	<server name="pdc">192.168.0.1</server>
	<server name="bdc">192.168.0.2</server>
</servers>

However, I need that same schema to allow the following...

<servers>
	<server name="pdc" type="exchange">192.168.0.1</server>
	<server name="bdc" type="www">192.168.0.2</server>
</servers>

...here the type attribute has been added, essentially I need the schema to ignore it.

Thanks in anticipation.
Scot.

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.